Sunday, July 8, 2007

Summer Chill

So last summer my whole family went to Alabama like we always do, and this time is the first time that David has gone with us. Because of this, we had to take two cars, one of which we rented. It was some type of SUV, like a Ford Escape of something, and it did OK on the way there. On the way back, however, the AC just stopped, which was a huge problem because it was in the middle of the summer and it was like 100 degrees out. I am not as sensitive to the heat as David is, so I rode in the broken car with my dad while everyone else rode in my mom's car. It was so hot, and we had the windows rolled down but that didn't really help that much, and we were trying everything we could think of to get the AC to start working. At some point I just gave up and let the sweat overtake me. And then, when I thought all hope was lost, a huge chunk of ice rocketed out of one of the vents and hit me right in my face. I was totally stunned! And then, like magic, the AC started working again! I realize that the system must have frozen up, but it seemed like that one piece of ice was what was keeping the air from getting out, which just does not really make a lot of sense. Anyway, nothing as refreshing as getting smacked in the face with and ice chip! Yay for summer vacations!

No comments: