Saturday, May 5, 2007
Politics
Even though looking back I never see myself as a "leader" exactly, especially in my younger years, what really happened points to the contrary. In fifth grade I ran for and won the position of Student Government Secretary. In college I ran for and won the title of Student Government President at the community college I went to before I went to Baylor. At Baylor I was Museum Studies Student Association President. So, obviously I am just asking for the punishment that comes with leadership positions. The specific incident I want to recall relates to my fifth grade stint as Secretary. I was running against a girl named Kim, and actually that was the closest competition I have encountered in all my political races. This is so classic. I made construction paper hearts that had my campaign slogan on them, and there was a Hershey's Kiss taped to each one. Kim accused me of cheating and "buying" votes with my delicious chocolate heart-o-votes. That is a lie. She obviously did not know me, because that is just how I roll. I am a perfectionist, and if I am going to run I will do anything to win. I was probably wearing my Elvis jump suit, too. That probably didn't help my chances of winning:) The other part of my campaign was getting on the school TV channel and doing a "Vote for Me" rap that me and my friend Emily wrote. It is probably the most hilarious thing I have ever done. I wish wish wish I could post the video of it, but it is on VHS. Only a select few people have seen the original video. Anyway, I have many fond memories that stem from me wearing the Elvis jumpsuit. I have GOT to find a pic with me wearing it. Don't elect me for anything else:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment