In the ninth grade I had a ridiculously huge crush on a boy named Matt. Matt was friends with my best friend Susan, and sat behind me in our Humanities class. I used to borrow Matt's Abercrombie and Fitch jacket all the time, and he borrowed and kept about one hundred of my pens. Two sub-memories I have of Matt: In Humanities we had to create a country with a flag and map and everything, and at the end of the assignment all the countries had to fight each other. As the leader of my country, I let Matt's country borrow money, because I was an idiot and thought that would make him like me. He, in turn, left me high and dry when I needed him to pay me back. Second was Matt's birthday. He specifically asked for the newest Fatboy Slim CD. I acted like I knew exactly what he was talking about, even though I had not idea what a Fatboy Slim was. I was afraid it was like this huge rapper who thought it would be ironic to insert "Slim" in his rap name. I had never bought a rap album! When I got to Wal-Mart I looked for the CD for about an hour, and was never able to get up the courage to ask the salesperson if they had it, so I bought Matt a pack of pens and a card that vaugely said "I Love You." But the point of the story is my favorite memory of Matt. At the time of Freshman Homecoming Matt was dating my friend Katrina. I desperatley wanted him to ask me to Homecoming, but I knew it would bever happen. Because he felt guilty about blowing me off, he got his friend Chris to ask me. Chris was nice, and I figured I would have a good time. Susan and I were very excited, and I got a dress that is now ranked as one of my all-time favs. It was completely fitted, velvet, spaghetti strap, and had a fur trim around the top. My hair was done in a classic formal up-do, and I had ordered these really cute shoes to go with my dress. Chris was about a foot shorter than me, so pictures were akward from the beginning. In the car on the way to the school his dad asked me a few questions, to which I responded with a college-level vocab, and his dad just shut up after that, I felt oh so out of place, and we weren't even at the dance yet! At the dance Chris basically ditched me, and Matt ignored me. Then, about halfway through the night, the heel of one of my cute shoes completely broke off!!! I hated Matt for it, even though it was not his fault at all. Chris and Matt and Katrina all left together to go get fried chicken at ten o'clock at night, and I had to call my mom to come get me. It was horrendous, and I can never, ever, forget.
This is the actual me on that night. LOVE the dress:)

No comments:
Post a Comment