Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Volleyball
Tonight my husband went to play volleyball at his friend's house after work. I was invited to go, but said no immediately! This is because I have hated particiapting in sports, but especially volleyball, since I was very little. I am not really sure what the source of my phobia is, but the thought of just standing there waiting for the ball to fall from the sky on top of me has never appealed to me. I have horrible hand-eye coordination, and I just do not enjoy playing it. My memory of volleyball was in elementary school. I am not sure which grade I was in, but I remember that it was pretty enough outside to set the net up on the playground, which for some reason made me even more uneasy. I literally wanted to get away from the situation so desperately that I told my very scary gym teacher that I had to go to the bathroom. I stayed there all period. Literally. Now, keep in mind that the only thing more terrifying to me than playing an organized sport was being gone to the bathroom so long that my classmates think I am going number 2. At that age I was also terrified of any type of punishment or disappointing my teachers in any way, so it must have been pretty bad for me to basically skip class in order to get out of it. I am thankful that I am a confident person today, but I still carry the fear of volleyball with me. Maybe I still carry the bathroom fear with me a little, too:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment